Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine
Texto completo en : http://www.bfmed.org/Media/Files/Protocols/Protocol%2010%20Revised%20English%206.11.pdf
1. Allow the late preterm infant to breastfeed and/or
breastmilk feed to the greatest extent possible.
2. Heighten awareness of difﬁculties that late preterm infants
and their mothers may experience with breastfeeding.
3. Offer strategies to anticipate, identify promptly, and
manage breastfeeding problems that the late preterm
infant and mother may experience in the inpatient and
4. Prevent medical problems such as dehydration, hypoglycemia, hyperbilirubinemia, and failure to thrive in
the late preterm infant.
5. Maintain awareness of mothers’ needs, understanding
of current plans, and ability to cope.